Note: want to take your super sandwich to the next level?
Before building, generously butter the outer sides of the bread and gently pan toast them to create a crunchy, buttery crust. A perfect match with the delicious, warm and textured pastrami and the lashings of Yarra Valley Cheese Dilly Goat.
To build the perfect Yarra Valley Cheese Reuben style sandwich, follow these steps:
- Thick sliced fresh rye or sourdough bread
- Yarra Valley Cheese Dilly Goat (mixed with a small amount of sour cream to soften)
- A generous pile of pastrami or thinly sliced corned beef tossed in a hot pan briefly to warm through
- Stack on your favourite sauerkraut
- Add as many sliced pickled gherkins as you like
- Another slathering of Yarra Valley Cheese Dilly Goat (with sour cream)
- A healthy swipe of the best mustard you can find
- Top it all off with another thick slice of the rye or sourdough