- 8 small pita bread
- 1/2 cup smashed peas, blanch peas then smash with the back of a spoon
- handful of rocket
- 600g lamb mince
- 1 brown onion, grated
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 3-4 tbsp chopped mint
- 3-4 tbsp chopped corriander
- salt & pepper, to taste
Whipped Spicy Cow
- 240g Yarra Valley Cheese Spicy Cow
- 3/4 cup natural yoghurt
- 1 cup mixed quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes quartered & halved
- 1/2 small red onion finely diced
- 1 cup mint leaves chopped
- 2 cups parsley chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- In a bowl add the lamb mince with all the ingredients, except the oil.
- Using your clean hands mix thoroughly, mixing until well combined and the meat has been worked to tenderise.Roll into golf ball sized balls and flatten slighty with your thumb.
- Heat a non stick pan with the olive oil. Cook the koftas for approx. 10 mins, turning and cooking until lamb is cooked and kofta’s are golden on the outside.
- For the tabouleh, bring water & quinoa to the boil in a medium sauce pan. Cover with lid & turn to low for 12 minutes.
- Heat the 2 tbsp of oil in a large frying pan over a medium high heat and fry the quinoa for 7-8 minutes until golden brown and crispy, it will crackle as it cooks. Remove from the frying pan and allow to cool.
- Place the quinoa in a bowl with all other ingredients and stir to combine.
- Whip together the Yarra Valley Cheese Spicy Cow and the yoghurt with an electric mixer til smooth. Or mix together by hand.
- You are now ready to put together your pitas.
In a non stick saucepan, lightly brown the pita breads.
- Smear generously with the Yarra valley cheese whipped spicy cow. Place the rocket sprinkle with smashed peas & the quinoa tabouleh. Top with the lamb koftas.